Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Potter & The Clay

God tells us that He is the Potter, and we are the clay. As I visualize the potter at the potter's wheel I see the strong hands forming and shaping the clay into a vessel that is beautiful and useful. I have to admit this analogy really stretches me as I think about what God wants from me. Clay does absolutely nothing but be clay. It does not resist the Potter and it yields totally to the Potter's hands. The Potter is in FULL control of the clay and the potters will determines what becomes of the clay.

Throughout my lifetime God has been patiently prodding me to let go of my white knuckled grip on situations and the people I love. How many times have I used my own resources, knack for networking and intelligence to try and solve issues or problems that I needed to go to God for? I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many. In so many of my life situations I have come to the end of my resources and myself and guess what? There I find Him, my Lord and my God. He was there all the time waiting for me to take my hands off and allow His miracles to take over.

I thank God that he is faithful and patient. He continues to bring me back to square one and to remind me that He is in control and I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas!